20 Things A Calfboy Never Says
April 19, 2012 § 7 Comments
The very talented Alisa Valdes, recently blogged about 20 Things she has Never Heard a Cowboy Say.
It got me thinking about calving, and the 20 things you will never hear a calfboy say.
Admittedly, a calfboy is a bit different than a cowboy.
Real cowboys are ridin’, ropin’, rodeoin’ sons of guns–where the less known calfboys are taggin’, checkin’, and no sleepin’ sons of bi–. Well, you know.
20. That cow doesn’t look that mad.
19. I don’t need gloves.
18. Yeah, it won’t get through that fence.
17. I’m pretty wide-awake right now.
16. I have the weekend off.
15. Afterbirth is icky.
14. I feel pretty clean.
13. Sweet! Another bottle calf!
12. Just put it in the cart. She’ll follow you.
11. Man, I just enjoy a good blizzard!
10. I gotta take off early–I’m getting a manicure.
9. Waterproof boots are overrated.
8. You look hot in those coveralls, Honey.
7. This mild, sunny day could quit anytime.
6. My house has never looked so good!
5. We have enough hay.
4. Wish our barn was smaller.
3. <Pssssst!> Are you awake over there?
2. I don’t really feel like a shower.
1. With all these calves, I wish beef prices would go down.
There ya have it. Thanks a lot to Alisa Valdes for the idea! Check her blog out at Learning To Submit.